Harnessing the Power of the e-Pipeline [SLIDESHARE]
Want to know more than just the revenue values in your pipeline?
The e-pipeline can tell you so much more:
- How your customers buy, not just how much
- Where you need more resource to move them through the sales cycle
- What lead nurturing activities are giving the best results
- The shape and velocity of the deals going on.
To harness the power of the e-pipeline, marketing needs to:
- Define the sales cycle stages
- Establish when a lead becomes a qualified opportunity
- Understand customer requirements and align solutions with them
- Demonstrate how your solutions can add value.
Once a lead has been qualified and passed to sales, they have to:
- Create the right proposal
- Negotiate the right terms
- Empower the customer to make the right decision.
To release the power of the e-pipeline, four key data attributes need to be added to your business analysis:
- Net new opportunities
- Conversion rates
- Sales cycle length
- Success profiles.
Through thorough research, businesses can use the power of the e-pipeline to:
- Identify when and where prospects advance to the next stage of the cycle
- See when and where others leave
- Find out about landing pages that convert
- Develop meaningful success profiles to duplicate for future activities
- Improve the integrity of the pipeline.
If sales and marketing work together, they can make the e-pipeline more successful to deliver:
- Improved YOY revenue performance
- Higher numbers of sales-ready leads
- Better conversion rates
- Shorter sales cycles.
To find out more about content marketing, download our eGuide Marketing Director’s guide: How to enable the sales team with hot leads now!
Alistair Norman | Marketing Director
Alistair is responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of our Inbound and Content Marketing, with a focus on developing B2B and B2C markets.
Read the latest positioning trends and insights.
Tap into our brand and product positioning, storytelling, and creative expertise to inspire your next strategic move.